My Ashitaba Organic Fertilizer

By 10:45 PM


This is my home made organic fertilizer that is under observation that I used in some of my Hot Pepper seedlings. I do not really know how it will affect my plants but I will probably update if I see good changes done by this.

I’m using this home made fertilizer in this seedlings as a test subject. This is a Potassium rich liquid so it is suppose to use in a flowering plants or fruit development of a plant.

Here is the comparison diagram of Ashitaba in other plants:

Comparing to other vegetables, Ashitaba is nutritionally very well-balanced and especially abundant in fiber, Beta-Carotene and Potassium in addition to protein and each mineral/vitamin
Potassium
The third essential nutrient plants demand, assists in photosynthesis, fruit quality, the building of protein, and the reduction of disease.

Based on all of this, I decided to ferment Ashitaba Leaves to create a high minerals source of food for plants. So I got myself a Potassium (K) based organic fertilizer as if it is high in this kind of mineral as picture shown.
It is also have Manganese that is necessary for photosynthesis, including the building of chloroplasts. Manganese deficiency may result in coloration abnormalities, such as discolored spots on the foliage.
This is only the two of its characteristics that can help plant for a good growth, other nutrients can also help plant but I haven’t research their scientific base yet to prove on the claim.

How To: A simple step making Ashitaba Fertilizer
Materials:
Ashitaba Leaves
A bottle of clean water (1litre)
Anything black to cover up the bottle (clothes or linoleum)

Procedure:
1. Collect ashitaba leaves green and brown. Brown materials are high in carbon but collect as much green rather than brown materials. 70/30 tha is... 70% for green leaves and 30% for brown.
2. Slice or cut leaves into small pieces.
3. Put all the sliced leaves in the bottle full of water. This is what we call fermentation.
4. Cover the whole bottle with dark plastic or clothes to prevent the light to penetrate and avoid algae to it.
5. Put the bottle in some dark place and shake once in a while (every three days is good) until it reach 2 weeks. And ready to use.

Usage:
Add 5 cups of the bottle used into 1 liter water and use it everyday in the plant. Please do the math if you are going to add in the container of water.

Note: This is still under observation stage so I am not recommending to use this for now.

You Might Also Like

0 comments